Queen of All Saints Employment Opportunities
At Queen of All Saints, we strive to create a prayerful cohesive team and empower them to serve the parish community with their gifts and talents. We look for those individuals that want to be part of the Queen of All Saints experience and are driven to passionately contribute to the vision and mission of the parish to Be Saints and to Make Saints.
Parish Communications Associate
Queen of All Saints Parish is accepting applications for a part-time communications associate to join our team. The associate will be responsible for maintaining the QAS brand through various communication channels: website, social media, graphics, design. To be successful at this job the following skills are necessary: good writer, designer, editor.
- Implements an overall communication plan for the parish to promote the vision and mission.
- Works with the church ministry leaders to communicate the parish vision.
- Works with other church and school staff to collect, produce and distrubte high impact stories and share through various commuincation platforms.
- Designs marketing and communications materials for specific projects, which will maintain and enhance the organization and the QAS brand.
- Creates and edits weekly parish bulletin and Flocknote emails and text messages.
- Creates and maintains a social media presence via advertising and posting stories.
- Maintains, designs and grows our parish website (qas.org) with fresh articles and photos.
- Writes, proofs and copy-edits content for: annual reports, Flocknote emails and text messages, seasonal and regular brochures, flyers, booklets, bulletin and signage.
- Creates digtial and print graphics using basic graphic diesng software (Publsihers, Canva, Adobe).
- Gathers photos, video and stories for use within QAS.
- Works with Media Associate to produce or coordinate parish livestream Mass, in-house videos featuring parish members, events or issues.
- Collaborates with staff and volunteers on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications.
- Attends staff and team meetings as requested.
Qualifications: (including knowledge, skills, experience and required licensure [if any])
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be ablet operform each esstnetial dury satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of QAS and the families we serve.
- A degree in communications, marketing ore related area or equivalent experience.
- High energy and enthusiasm for growing ministry and communicating creatively.
- STrong leaderhsip, interpesonal skills and dedication to teamwork.
- Good organizational skills, attention to details and committed to follow through.
- Completion of task with minimal supervision.
- Website design/website editing experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Publsiher, Adobe, Adobe PDF editor, or similar software.
- Experience creating basic graphics using software such as Pubsliher, Canva, or Adobe products.
- Firms grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space (Facebook tools).
- Effective ocmmunicator, both written and oral with the ability to communicate in a professional manner.
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritze, multi-task and meet deadlines.
Please submit resumes by August 16, 2021 to Cathy Laughlin, Director of Stewardship & Evangelization, [email protected] or 606 S Woodland Avenue, Michigan City, Indiana. For questions, call 219-872-9196.
This position offers a flexible part-time schedule. Apply today!