- Mass Times
- Fr. Kevin's Weekly Letter
- New to Us
- Register Your Family
- A Prayer for You
- Community Events
- Fr. Kevins' Homilies
- Update Your Information
- Young Adult Ministry
Learn More - Click Here (PDF)
- An Evening for Young Adults with Father Scalf
April 7 6:30PM
Click Here (PDF)
- Poverty at the Crossroads (PDF)
- Saints In Action T-Shirt Order Form - Click Here (PDF)
- Faith Retreats - Retreat in Daily Life
- Living Your Strengths Brochure (PDF)
- Matthew Kelly Mass Videos Online Booking - Click Here
- What Are Your Talents? (PDF)
- QAS Ministry Guide (PDF)
- Vocation Prayer Cross (PDF)
- Queen of All Saints Vocation Ministry
- Tapped In is Alive at Queen of All Saints!
- Help Support our Parish Bulletin
- Learn about Jesus 24/7!
Praying with the Sunday or Daily Scripture Readings
Connect with us in prayer and worship, current readings and the last ten readings
Praying with the Sunday readings is a wonderful way to begin your week, whether you pray alone, in your family circle, or with a prayer group! When we pray with the Scriptures, the Holy Spirit is present to us, opening up our eyes, our ears, and our hearts to God's word and action in our everyday life. Just click on the Scripture passage above and it will take you to the USCCB's website where you can read or listen to the upcoming Sunday or daily scripture readings. Or click on the link, Prepare for Sunday at http://liturgy.slu.edu, you will find links to Sunday's readings, prayers, spiritual reflections, and a section that helps you pray with the music of the Mass.
After praying with the Sunday readings, we can take a quiet moment to write down what we think God is saying to us at Mass, click on the Mass Journal link above for more information.
Praying with Scripture is simple…
- Find a prayer corner, or a space where you can be alone with God in quiet. Light a candle, and begin with the Sign of the Cross. Ask God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit to be with you and guide you in your prayer and reflection on the Holy Scriptures.
- Read or listen to the upcoming Sunday readings, or the daily scripture passage.
- Listen to what word or phrase stands out or draws your attention. You may even jot it down, or journal your thoughts and feelings.
- You may also put yourself in the scene by use of your imagination, or enter into a dialogue with God or Jesus, or one of the characters in the story.
- Ask yourself: What does the story mean to me and my relationship with my family, my friends, or my colleagues? What is God saying to me, and what is God calling me to do in my own community? Does the scripture reading inspire me to respond with love, forgiveness, or justice?
- Respond to God by thanking Him, and ask Him to gift you with more awareness of His presence and love in your everyday life.
- Now be still for a few moments, and rest in the awareness of God’s great love.
Share your thoughts and insights with your family, and faith community!